The Principal Recruitment Allowance (PRA) is an allowance available to boards of trustees in schools which face significant challenges and have a principal vacancy. Its purpose is to attract principals who will provide highly effective management and instructional leadership. This formative evaluation seeks to understand how a programme is operating and inform decision making aimed at improvement.
Please email us if you would like a copy of this document in a different format.
Date of last publication
A formative evaluation seeks to understand how a programme is operating, and inform decision making aimed at improvement. This purpose shaped the three overarching evaluation questions:
1. To what degree is the PRA being implemented as planned?
2. How does the PRA design work in practice?
- What is working well and why?
- What is not working so well and why?
3. What changes can be made to design and implementation to strengthen the PRA?