The Early Childhood Education Information and Communication Technology Professional Learning Programme (ECE ICT PLP) is a three year pilot professional development programme established in 2006. The overarching goal of the ECE ICT PL Programme is increased teacher capability (with particular emphasis on ICT capability) that leads to transformation and the development of a community of practice; which, in turn, contributes to enhanced learning outcomes for children.
The evaluation focused on the following questions:
- Does the ECE ICT PL Programme design, content and implementation by services achieve the intended outcomes of the programme?
- How successful are clusters in achieving the programme outcomes?
- How useful is action research as a tool to accomplish the intended outcomes of the programme?
- Will the programme lead to sustainable and sound ICT pedagogy?
- To what extent are the ECE ICT PL Programme’s design, content and implementation by the services useful across all types of ECE services?
- What are the emerging barriers and enablers that may make the difference between successful and unsuccessful implementation and outcomes?